Importing content in bulk
SocialBu allows you to bulk import all your content. Assuming you are logged in, go to https://socialbu.com/app/publish/bulk_upload
1. Organize Data in .csv file
Fill the Excel file with the content that you want to upload and other fields like post text, time, post type, and so on. You need to save the file as a ".csv" file. You can download the file template from here.
You can maximum add 200 posts at once.
The following columns should be present in the file:
- Content: The text content that you want to be published
- Media: Can contain the full URL (link) to the image or video that you want to publish the following sites can work for image uploads as they give direct links to images:
- https://www.linkpicture.com/en/?set=en (You can add multiple pictures at once. It's free and secondly, a direct link is available separately).
- https://imgpile.com/ (Upload and share permanent links, a direct link is available)
- Account: The name of the account through which you want to schedule your content
- Account Type: The type of your social media account - it should be one of the following: Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn organization, Linkedin profile, Linkedin brand, Google My Business.
- Publish At: The date and time at which you want to publish your content - the date format should be dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm(am/pm). for example: 27/08/2019 04:30pm
- Type: The type of the post - should one of the following: post.
- Link: The link to attach to the link post if there are multiple links in the post body (for Facebook and LinkedIn)
In case you want to have more options like first comment, CTA buttons, or anything else which SocialBu post composer shows in more options, you can add extra columns with the same headings and use them for your posts.
For example, in case you're scheduling a Standard post for your GMB account and want to add a Call-to-Action button; Learn More, then you will need to add separate columns with the same heading and use it to add your required link.
2. Check the file format and encoding
Be sure to save your file in CSV format, with a UTF-8 Unicode Text encoding.
3. Import .csv file
Click on "Select CSV File" and upload your file. Please double-check the entered data and make sure data entered in the relevant field is correct.
If there are any issues, SocialBu will show you errors. Once everything is good, the content will be imported.