Converting your Instagram account to a business account
It is possible to convert to a business account in the Instagram app, we recommend doing this via Facebook to ensure a Page is precisely associated with the account.
There are possibly two ways you can convert your account to a Business account!
Converting through Facebook:
Go to your Facebook account and navigate to the list of Pages you have access to (you must be the admin of those pages), Click on the Page that you'll link with your Instagram account, or you can create a new page if you don't already have one.
- Once you're on your Page, click Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Instagram on the left-hand side and then click Connect Account towards the top of the screen.
- Enter your Instagram login credentials and click Log In.
- You'll see a pop-up window reminding you to set up your Instagram business account. Follow the on-screen instructions, ensuring you enter your contact info, and then click Done.
Converting via the Instagram mobile app
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, providing you choose the business account type, not the creator account type.
- Your Instagram account should now have been converted to a business account.