Setting up an RSS Feed Automation
RSS feed automation is set to link your website/ blog to your social media and remove any manual action in the process. Through this automation, a pre-defined action of your choice would be executed whenever the RSS feed publishes a new item. For instance, a post would be created on your Facebook account.
RSS feed automation can be set by the following steps:
- After logging into your account, go to the automation tab
- In order to create a new automation, click on the “Create Automation” button
3. Give a name to your automation, and press next.
4. Your automation has been created, now it's time to set it up.
5. From the first drop-down, choose” RSS feed has new items”. This means that this automation would be triggered to action when the RSS feed has a new item.
6. Next, enter the URL of the RSS Feed. If you want to know how to get the URL of an RSS feed, click here.
7. Now choose an action that work be executed when RSS feed publishes a new item
Setting up the actions
Following actions can take place when the automation is triggered:
- An email would be sent.
- A post would be published on social media accounts of your choice.
- A post would be created and added to the queue, so you can repeat it again and again.
- An HTTP request would be sent. While setting up these actions, you can also add data placeholders
8. You can also add multiple actions. For example, when RSS Feed has a new item, a post is published and also gets added in a queue.
9. You can also add conditions to your automation. For instance, a post should be published on my Facebook account, if the blog published(from RSS Feed) contains certain keywords.
10. You can add one condition or a group of conditions.
11. You can create action groups too. Each action group has one or more actions and a set of conditions is applied to it. Action groups are independent of each other.